Skimlinks

Wednesday

Through the lens: Venice, Italy

Venezia

Venice was an absolutely magical place that firmly captured my heart. Not only was it beautiful in its own way, but it also had some of the most delicious food I've ever tasted, the most stylishly dressed people I've seen, as well as the friendliest people I met. That is a lot of superlatives for one little city yo!

Also, be sure not to miss Harry's bar. This is the original Cipriani's restaurant and where the carpaccio and bellini were born. Although you can find branches of Harry's across the globe which all serve delicious food, trust me when I say nothing beats the original. Hands down the best meal I've ever had! Evidently there are no photos, as we were incredibly hungry bunnies - so I didn't get to capture it by camera.

An introductory shot of the well known Venetian gondolas

A delightful berry and chocolate gelato from the iconic Florian Cafe

A gratuitous shot of the real Venice!

Did you know there are only 405 licensed gondoliers in Venice?

Sumptuous warm Bruschetta at a local favourite - Capavitti

Fried in extra light batter - calamari and vegetables

Best Tiramisu you'll ever taste!

Views from the Rialto
Stay tuned for my next post where I will whisk you away to Florence!

No comments:

Post a Comment