Skimlinks

Tuesday

A Little Less Conversation, a Little More Action Please

For most, it may seem like a peculiar time to be looking forward to fresh starts -  as that kind of thinking is usually reserved for the gregorian calendar's new year, January 1st. However, with the whirlwind arrival and departure of Ramadan, the holy month in the Islamic calendar (for those who don't know), it really gets a person thinking as to how one can perform to their maximum potential, in all aspects of everyday life. 


I'm a to-do list kinda gal, and without fail, twice a year I sit down and formulate all my thoughts and goals into my journal. Eagerly scribbling down one after the other, they range from the classic 'must go to the gym 3 x a week' to the broader 'spend more time with my loved ones'. Of course having all these wonderful objectives on a piece of paper is easy peasy, but reaching those targets can get somewhat tricky when we lose sight of them on a day-to-day basis.



As a result, more than halfway through the year, you wake up and realise  - wow, I've hardly gotten anything done *insert quivering*. So, I suggest, in moments like these, rather than dwell on the fact that you haven't gone as far as you had imagined in achieving what your heart desires, use it as a source of motivation to put your words to action and re-energise yourself. If you find those goals too scary for the time frame you had in mind, adapt them a tiny bit, there's no danger in modifying them. This way its likely you'll stick to it, rather than cross it out altogether. 



During exam season, when panic would take over me for the declining amount of time I had left to study, my best friend N would calm me down with her wise advice, saying 'you can get anything done as long as you put your mind to it'. And she sure was right, as the proof was in the pudding (in this case - my exam results)!



                         "The best way out is always through - Robert Frost"



2 comments:

  1. Inspiring...Putting words to actions can be really hard, but we can't give up so easily. Never give up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Allie! You're right, putting words to action can be so hard but the end result is always worth it! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete